Was formed in 1956 when it was perceived that there was a need for someone to provide Jigs and Fixtures for the local Defence and Communications industries. The company, started by Mr.'E', Mr. 'D', and Mr. 'S' grew steadily, primarily by personal recommendations, to its present workforce of over 40 employees.
The company philosophy has always been one of providing an innovative personalised engineering and precision machining service of the highest quality. This has allowed the company to maintain a very loyal customer base over many years, which in turn has provided the stability for high level of investment in the latest process technology.
EDS is among the UK's most well-established and experienced precision engineering specialists. We remain at the forefront of ground-breaking design and accurate manufacture of components across a range of industries including Aerospace & Defence, Motor Sport, and Mould Making.
The EDS Team is made up of over 40 individuals responsible for direct manufacturing, manufacturing support, management, and administration. Some 80% of the management team, and 50% of engineers have been with EDS for more than 20 years. This stability is the backbone of the company's strength and growth.
Among the skills and services offered by EDS are:
- Precision engineering experience and expertise spanning five decades.
- A highly-skilled team of quality toolmakers.
- An exceptional and quantifiable reputation for good quality, supported by ISO9001:2000 accreditation.
- An excellent reputation for punctual delivery
- One of the UK’s most extensive and advanced ranges of manufacturing and support equipment.
- In-house jig and fixture design facility.
- Rapid and convenient electronic transfer of drawing files, using a range of compatible formats.
- Manipulation of 2D/3D AutoCAD drawings, including design modifications.
- Offline 3D part-programming, including surfaces and multi-axis programming.