EDS has been working with the Aerospace and Defence industries for almost 50 years, and this sector accounts for around 50% of our total design and production output.
Skilled engineers and toolmakers work closely with clients and suppliers to ensure total accuracy, precision, and security for this highly sensitive area.
Skills and Services Continued:
- An in-house jig and tool design and manufacturing capability for consistent accuracy.
- Weld tested and Proof Load Certified Handling Equipment supplied to customer requirements.
- EDS is also an ISO 9001:2000 accredited company.
Among our Recent Projects:
- Production of precision HUD optical lens holders.
- Naval gun components with MOD approved surface and heat treatments.
- Satellite microwave components, finished to microns in exotic materials.
Our Specific Skills and Services Include:
- CAD file transfer via email, ensuring rapid, accurate and secure conveyance of design material. EDS systems are compatible with all major formats.
- A total of 15 offline programming systems, including two Edgecam systems. This unrivalled capacity allows for quick programming and rapid turnaround by skilled operators.
- With almost 50 years experience of complex machining to tight tolerances – also involving manual jig boring and jig grinding where appropriate – ensuring the highest possible levels of precision.
- Ability to work with a range of materials as specified by clients – including Aluminiums, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Magnesium, Invar, and Moly in cast or Barstock forms. This experience offers greater client flexibility and quality assurance.
- All our materials, including highly-regulated heat and surface treatments, are sourced from accredited suppliers for safety and security. All surface treatments such as Anodising, Alochrom, Plating, and Pinting are applied to NES/NWS specifications.