EDS has been a major supplier to Club Motor sport, national and World Rally Car, and Formula One companies for 25 years. This is a high-pressure industry, deadline-focused, and wholly dependent on quality and reliability for safety and performance. We continue to uphold an excellent reputation in this arena.
Among our Recent Projects:
- The production of a main hydraulic Formula One manifold from solid 7075 gun drilled, honed, 3D contoured, cross drilled and polished.
- PAS hydraulic spools match ground to 2 microns flow tested on hydraulic test gig, and valve lands ground to ± 1 micron.
- Steering gear box housings machined from Ø 350mm billets with Ø 30 x 300mm cross bores accurate in position to 5 microns and super finished to 0.1Ra.
Our Specific Skills and Services Include:
- CAD file transfer via email, ensuring rapid, accurate and secure conveyance of design material. EDS systems are compatible with all major formats.
- A total of 15 offline programming systems, including two Edgecam systems for complex contouring from solid. This unrivalled capacity allows for quick programming and rapid turnaround by skilled operators.
- Experience in high-specification Aluminium, Magnesium, Titanium, Stainless Steel, and a range of exotic materials.
- Twenty state-of-the-art CNC machines allowing for rapid turnaround of complex components.
- In-house experience and expertise in dealing with all surface treatments, including hand-finishing and polishing of hydraulic components.
- Sourcing of appropriate specialists for gun-drilling and honing of precisions hydraulic components. EDS works to build partnerships with relevant sub-contractors to ensure a quality product and service for our clients.