EDS works alongside a wide range of industries, including the food packaging and pharmaceutical sectors, in the design and manufacture of new tools, and in modifying existing designs.
Among our Recent Projects:
- Tamper-evident cap and closure moulds.
- Hinged closure moulds.
- Multi-action pharmaceutical moulds.
- Thin wall container moulds.
- More than 40 years experience of complex machining to tight tolerances – also involving manual jig boring and jig grinding where appropriate – ensuring the highest possible levels of precision.
- Ten grinding machines for greater capacity and faster turnaround.
- A full and rapid fitting service and repair – part of our commitment to quality service at all stages of the project.
- A dedicated 3,000 sq ft fitting bay with full cover 3 tonne Gantry Crane.
- EDS transport to ensure service and delivery is kept within our control.
- Laser welding plus in-house (Tig, Mig) welding, regrinding, polishing, and cleaning facilities.
- Pressure test equipment maintained on site.
- Meiki 200 tonne Injection Moulding Press.
Our Specific Skills and Services Include:
- An in-house CAD facility with interfaces to all major CAD systems.
- CAD file transfers via email, ensuring rapid, accurate, and secure conveyance of design material. EDS systems are compatible with all major formats including IGES, DXF and PRT.
- Design expertise in both single and multi cavity tools.
- Capacity to use hard or soft prototype tools to ensure flexibility across a range of design scenarios.
- A total of 15 offline programming systems, including two Edgecam systems for complex contouring from solid. This unrivalled capacity allows for quick programming and rapid turnaround by skilled operators.
- Twenty state-of-the-art CNC machines, including Die Sink and Wire Erosion EDM, allowing for rapid turnaround of complex components.